Industry and Matterport Statistics
- Millennial buyers now comprise 35% of all new homebuyers on the market, which means higher demand for more engaging, interactive and mobile-ready content from real estate professionals. (1)
- In the next two years, 80% of Millennials will seek to purchase a home, according to Trulia. That’s almost 67 million prospective buyers. (2)
- In 2015, 39% of digital marketers believed that more of their budget should be reallocated towards creating compelling visual assets. (3)
- Real estate listings with more visual content (like video) receive 403% more inquiries compared to those without video. (4)
- 41% of home buyers found interactive maps very useful, while 40% felt the same about virtual tours. (5)
According to Apartments.com: Visitors to their website spend 3x – 6x more time engaging with property listings that offer a Matterport immersive 3D experience. Properties with Matterport tours receive 49% more qualified leads.
According to Redfin: Homes sell an average of 10 days faster and for $50,100 more than comparable homes thanks to Matterport 3D walkthroughs, advanced presentation technology, and great customer service.
According to REA Group: Buyers are 60% more likely to email an agent and 95% more likely to call an agent a properly they’ve seen on realestate.com.au that includes a Matterport 3D Showcase.
Agents using Matterport are seeing real results: 90% stated that Matterport helps them build a stronger brand in the marketplace, 83% are more competitive because of Matterport., and 74% win more listings because of Matterport.
Matterport 3D tours placed #2 on the Forbes list of 23 Bulletproof Real Estate Ideas. “This is by far the most forward-thinking idea for marketing your real estate… Ultimately, all of our interactions with the digital realm will be in 3D and VR, so ensure that you stay ahead of the curve with technology like this.” (7)
1: National Association of Realtors: https://www.nar.realtor/reports/home-buyer-and-seller-generational-trends/
2: Market Watch: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/4-real-estate-trends-well-see-in-2016-2015-12-09
3: Social Media Examiner: http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/SocialMediaMarketingIndustryReport2015.pdf
4. Inman: https://www.inman.com/next/by-the-numbers-why-you-cant-afford-to-skip-video-marketing/
5. National Association of Realtors: https://www.nar.realtor/infographics/real-estate-in-the-digital-age
6. CoStar Group News: http://www.costargroup.com/costar-news/details/apartments.com-matterport-partner-to-provide-site-users-with-over-30-000-virtual-tours-of-rental-properties
7. Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertadams/2017/03/17/23-bulletproof-real-estate-marketing-ideas/#239256d6b0cb